There are a few measures that truckies can undertake in order to avoid becoming fatigue on a journey.
- Remember before a long drive, you should try to sleep seven to eight hours a night.
- Avoid late night drives as much as possible. The glare of the lights may cause a hypnosis sensation to come over you and also causes your body’s internal clock to be affected negatively.
- Keep your body involved in the driving by not using cruise control.
- Listen to music and keeping the air temperature cool in the cab of truck.
- Check your posture and make sure that you are seated correctly, preferably in an upright position.
- About every two hours make sure that you stop, walk around or do some sort of a physical workout. Get your blood pumping through your body again to fight fatigue.
- Try to eat a snack every once in a while to fight hunger but avoid heavy meals which can make your drowsy.
- During the day, you should wear sunglasses to fight the glare.
- Break the monotony by listening to different radio stations, turning the radio on and off, talk to yourself, etc. Keep your mind active.